Writers of original sea stories are requested to submit their work for consideration to be published in The Sea Adventure Collection.
Do you have a story with characters aboard a ship, boat, yacht or submarine? How about a story that takes place ashore in a port of call? If your story involves the navy, coast guard, marines, merchant sailors, fisherman, yachtsmen, a harbor pilot, lighthouse keeper, stevedore or any other seafarer, you should submit it for publication in the Sea Adventure Collection. We're open to stories from the military, pleasure cruising, pirates, smugglers, and all other boating enthusiasts.
Stories must be original works of fiction, written in English and approximately 500 to 4,000 words. Plots may include, but are not limited to adventure, war, thriller, crime, sci-fi, comedy, history, disaster, horror and / or romance. R rated stories are okay, but X rated stories will not be considered.
- Submit stories to: email@example.com in MS Word or any other popular word processing format.
- Expect to hear back within 1-month on whether or not your story has been accepted for publication.
- Proofread and spell check your story before you submit it, but the editor understands that a good sea story is sometimes written by a sailor who is unfamiliar with the rules of writing in the English language (and that's ok). Appropriate proofreading, spell checking and editing will be done to improve every published story as needed.
- If your work is accepted for publication, you will be asked to sign a release form granting the publisher, permission to publish the story in print, eBook and blog formats. The author will retain all other copyrights.
- Proceeds from the sale of The Sea Adventure Collection will be dispersed as follows:
- 60% of proceeds will be donated to a Seaman, Mariner or Veteran's Service Organization such as a retired sailor's home, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Wounded Warrior Project, etc. or other organization serving Seaman or Mariners.
- 40% of the proceeds well be retained by the editor to pay for book cover artwork, book design, proofreading, advertising, website hosting, book printing and shipping expenses.
- Send all questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Malcolm Torres is the author and editor of sea stories and nautical fiction.