Salty Art Sparks the Imagination (Part IV)

What is it about salty paintings, drawings, tattoos and photos? Anything to do with ships and sailors sparks my imagination.






Before I was a sailor I was a teenager who had just graduated from high school.  Some mornings, I had nothing better to do than recline on the couch in my underwear and watch TV.  Many of the commercials at that hour are for trade schools and military service.  I fell hard for the slogan, "Navy, it's not just a job it's an adventure."  Within a week I was at the recruiters office, raising my right hand and swearing my way into the service, bound for exotic ports around the world.  Unlike beer commercials that seem to promise young men a hook up with a sexy girl, the Navy recruiting posters don't lie.  Sailors do have more fun, because the Navy experience delivers on the promise of adventure.



If you enjoy a good sea story, try the Sea Adventure Collection by Malcolm Torres.  The first story in the series, Sixty-Four Days, is free on all eReaders.  Honest reviews are greatly appreciated.


Malcolm Torres is the author of original sea stories and nautical novels.


#nautical #sailor #mariner #ship #sailing #seastory #lifeatsea #coastguard #shipyard #Navy #USN #USNavy #RoyalNavy #shipmate #seashanty #podcast #adventure #shortstories #booklover #booknerd #bibliophile #bookrecomendation #goodreads #greatreads #bookgeek #lovetoread #mystery #thriller #horror #crime #thriller #scyfy #sciencefiction #classicliterature #graphicnovel #novel #netflix #hulu #moviereview

Comments